|Ways To Self-Care|
I'm not going to sugar coat much here... since the presidential election people have been going through it. Now that we're in the new year of 2017 with the success of the Women's March, the No Muslim Ban and the many other protests that's happening in this country right at this moment, it's so important to destress. To sit down and think about this much sadness and anger that's surrounding you can put anyone in a depressive state. Craving out time just to take care of you is crucial for mental clarity. So let's talk about self-care, because if you can't take of your care of yourself, how can you take care of someone else. Below are some of my favorite self-care rituals.
1. Watch your favorite movie with a glass of wine or mocktail.
2. Draw a bath with your favorite bath bombs and essentials oils.
3. Talking about oils... use essential oils for aromatherapy.
4. Get a journal, write down a list of your accomplishments and what you’re grateful for.
5. Go to spa for some pampering ie. massage, facials, manicure, pedicure.
6. Cuddle up with a pet.
8. Exercise the artist in you with an adult coloring book.
9. Surround yourself with plants! (Yes, studies show that having plants improves mental heath and lower levels of depression.)
10. Plan a quick weekend getaway!
In actuality, there's so many ways to self-care that the activities are endless. It's all up to you and what you enjoy to get your mind off whatever that is bothering you in your life.
What does self care means to you?